Too many of us do not make the most of the content we already have on out website and blogs. In my experience this is a mistake so there are some quick tips that could really help.
Look at your analytics and see which of your posts are the most popular – take the top 10 – and then do the following
- Run a quick topic analysis to see what is more popular.
- Look at any calls to action (CTA) on these pages and make sure they work and are up to date.
- Cross link from these pages to other relevant or popular content so that the users starts a discovery path.
- Make sure the content on these pages is up to date and correct. Correct this page do not write a new entry.
- Ensure the page is optimised correctly – if you change the title make sure the URL does not change. Optimisation may require just adding in a few more keywords (see The trade off between SEO and Website Usability)
You might as well get the content you already have working harder for you.