- Loading use http://www.webpagetest.org/?pngss=1&iq=80 for better image quality
- When comparing two or more videos you can change the run you want by adding -r:X to the text ID
Look for and number sequence 100 to 999 in a URL
To use it with a string
Quite often if you open a CSV file in Excel with American date formats Excel will do its best to convert them (badly) and you end up with some in date format and some in text format.
This formula helps to sort it out.
So 6/21/16 becomes 21/06/2016 and 5/29/16 becomes 29/05/2016
Find the Monday for a week that a date falls into
Where A2 is the field with the date.
The great thing is that
- It works across year breaks and you don’t end up with Week 53
- It fits with SQL – date_trunc(‘week’, Date) – functions so you can correctly match Excel data
We all love Webpagetest.org
To get the best quality images and video you can use this version of the URL
This saves images as PNG at a 95% qualtiy. It also improves video capture quality
This is documented in this video
Lots more really interesting stuff in this video
From January to June of 2013, there was a 355% growth of spam to the typical social media account, according to a recent study by Nexgate.
Simple text- and link-based posts were found to be the most popular types of social media spam, while “Like-jacking,” social bots, fake accounts, and “spammy apps” were the most prevalent forms of distribution.
No one is immune from failure on Social Media – the great thing is to learn from failures and to communicate that to you colleagues.
A lot of Social Media is about experimenting, measuring, adapting and moving on. Usually there is no one solution just some basic rules.
Hashtags are a powerful discovery tool on Twitter but, according to new research, they have little impact on engagement within the Facebook environment.
Research from social media analytics firm Simply Measured has found that, while 20% of top brands’ Facebook posts now include hashtags, there is no evidence they are influencing engagement. In fact, according to the research, posts with hashtags perform just as well as those without.
- You can have upper and lower cases i.e. #MyBestTag. I think this makes the tag more readable.
- You can use the underscore “_” for spaces i.e. #My_Best_Tag. By using the underscore you are making the tag longer.