Organic search engine results can play a direct role in whether or not a paid listing is clicked.
Research shows that if your business has both a paid result and an organic result appear at the same time, you have a better chance of your paid result getting clicked than if the organic result had not appeared.
On average, the impact of organic listings on paid advertising is 3.5 times stronger than vice-versa, possibly because of the tendency of consumers to trust organic listings more than paid ads.
- There is a positive association between paid and organic listings increaseing advertisers profits by at least 6%.
- The positive association is strongest when advertiser-specific keywords are used and weakest when brand-specific and generic keywords are used.
- Click-through rates, conversion rates and total revenues are higher when both paid and organic listings are present simultaneously than when paid search ads are absent.
- Click-through rates are 5% higher when paid and organic listings are present simultaneously than when only the organic listings are present.
- Conversion rate increases 12% when paid and organic listings are present simultaneously than when organic listings alone are present.
- As a whole, on Google, paid search advertising drives up to 54% of total revenue growth for businesses.
So what is the answer? Businesses need to pay a lot more attention their keyword strategies when implementing a on line strategy.
Community Connections can help design and implement this for you.